Transforming the way patients interact with health care professionals
Swisscom Health AG is one of the leading actors in the digitalization of processes for healthcare facilities such as laboratories, hospitals, and pharmacies, but also for doctors and therapists. Currently, Swisscom Health offers a free online health record application for physicians, patients and medical institutions. The so-called “evita Gesundheitsdossier”. The application, available only for iOS and accessible via web browser for android, is due for an update and a renewed mobile version for all platforms.
Designing a new patient- and doctor-centric product.
Swisscom Health AG aspires to develop a new, patient- and doctor-centric product which connects patients with healthcare professionals. To achieve this, OpenWT was approached to conduct a blueprint to define an MVP in an iterative approach.
The application should change the way patients interact with their doctors thanks to several implemented features such as:
- Medical and administrative onboarding.
- Identification and authentication including insurance card scanning.
- Medical questionnaires, wellbeing request and doctor feedback forms via conversational agent.
- Family management to manage appointments and insurance card information for children.
In the future, the app should also enable access and management of health data of the Electronic Patient Dossier (EPD) for patients and their children, giving power over medical documentation to the patient, but also enable to schedule non-physical appointments (telemedicine).
- Strategy phase to understand the scope with the client.
- Define context, personas and user journeys.
- Conduct a blueprint to define the functional and technical specifications.
- Analyse possible system integrations based on components’ readiness.
- Interact and validate findings with several business and technical stakeholders as well as doctors.
- Prioritize features based on feasibility and urgency.
- Define the roadmap with the development estimates and planning.
Decreasing the onboarding time for patients and doctors.
Patients can authenticate and view onboarding screens with instructions and T&C. Patients can onboard themselves by entering their personal information like name, address, date of birth, basic medical data and share insurance card information. Additionally, family members can also be onboarded. This process, if manually done at the info desk, requires approximately 10 minutes and can lead to mistakes. With the app, both patients and medical assistant can save time and reduce errors.
The patient manages his appointments
The online appointment feature is key to the consistency of the Patient journey. The patient leaves the clinic, and views his next appointments in the app. He can also schedule new ones. The MPA receives all relevant information in advance such as reason for encounter and can request further information or leave a note for the patient (for example to come sober).
The patient can fill-out medical questionnaires in advance.
The patient receives a notification a few days before his appointment via his app to fill out the medical questionnaire. The patient views the questionnaire and can enter the data via a conversational agent. Once the patient completes the form, the medical assistant (MPA) receives a notification to verify his answers and is able to prepare the appointment.
instead of 10 minutes for the onboarding of a new patient
Centralized application for patients and doctors