Simplifying doctors’ daily tasks & reinforcing the link with the clinic
Our Client, a leading group of private clinics in Switzerland, wishes to offer its doctors state-of-the-art technical facilities and first-class range technologies. Working independently, doctors are a strategic population whose relationship with the clinic should be particularly nurtured.
To support this objective, our Client wanted to develop a mobile application bringing additional benefits to its doctors by :
- Reducing administrative workload
- Simplifying daily tasks and decreasing painful connections with multiple digital systems
- Reinforcing the link with the clinic & among colleagues
Three set of functionalities : patients, fees, colleagues
Open Web Technology was commissioned to implement a tailor-made native mobile application centralizing directly in the “doctor pocket” key information & services doctors will need for their journey in the clinic.
In a nutshell, the App supports doctors to :
- Prepare and follow-up patient visits with the access to their consultation agenda, to the list of their hospitalized patients or to the patient dedicated file.
- Consult fees history, follow-up the payment status, control the amounts and contact the invoicing department if needed.
- Search & contact colleagues through a directory or their position on a map.
An iterative approach to fit to users’ needs
We implemented the current first version of the App following our proven methodology.
- Firstly, the blueprint phase to identify and prioritize users’ needs, before specifying the solution from a functional and technical perspective.
- Secondly, the development phase using agile methodologies.
The App is currently being rolled-out in the clinic network with good feedback and iteratively improved based on them.
« The Doctor App brings useful functionalities in a nice design. It is very convenient for me to organize my patient visits and check my invoices anytime.»
- Analysis of doctors’ needs
- Definition of the functionalities, design and architecture of the mobile App
- Development of a native iOS App
- Launch of the App roll-out
- Iterative improvement based on users’ feedback
Prepare and follow-up patient visits
Doctors can access to their consultation agenda, as well as the list and location of hospitalized patients to see during their shift. Each patient information are available on a dedicated file, that doctors can consult and enrich with their personal notes.
Consult and manage fees
Doctors can consult their fees history, control the amounts and follow-up the payment status. If needed, a contestation can be send directly through the App to the invoicing department. No more paper needed!
Search and contact a colleague
Doctors can search for a specific colleague, either in a directory or on a map, directly contact them or send them their notes on a specific patient.
less time spent on non medical tasks